Sunday, December 23, 2007

Musical Reality Show Christmas

Santa delivered two things I love early! First of all, Team Lachey won the Clash of the Choirs and I am so proud! I am not only proud of how talented the Cincinnati Choir was, but the love THEY showed (including Nick) for Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's Hospital. I am truly impressed with the humility of all involved. I have a new respect for Nick Lachey... he handled the entire competition like a gentleman. Having lived outside of Cincinnati, I know the rest of the country doesn't seem to fully appreciate the greatness of Cincinnati. I think Clash of the Choirs may have been the best PR Cincinnati has had in years.

In other musical reality show news, the band I was cheering for WON on The Next Great American Band. The judges all agreed that The Clark Brothers brought authentic passion to every performance. They said that they had something that could not be faked or bottled. What The Clark Brothers have is deep faith in the perfect grace and truth only God can offer. For the final show they did an original song called "You are Still the Same" and it is one of the most beautiful love songs to God that I have heard in a long while. To watch a replay of the finale click below:

http://nextgreatband.msn.com/ngb/video/week10

I highly recommend taking time to watch it as it is an excellent showcase of the diversity and talent of ALL the bands that made it into the top 10. Anyone who knows me knows how much I dig live music of all types. So, I was like a kid in a candy store every time I watched this show.

I thank God frequently for music- it is a significant source of joy for me. So it is fitting that I claim these two music reality show victories as two of my best Christmas gifts this year!

No comments: