Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Morning

I love Sunday Morning! The show on CBS, not the specific time or day of the week. Although the actual time and day are pretty groovy, too. Back to the show (feel free to say that like Ed Sullivan) ...I grew up watching it with my dad. I was probably the only Charles Kuralt fan under the age of 18. And before I started attending my current church, I used to proclaim that watching it was better than going to church. Lucky for me, my church offers two service times that don't interfere with CBS' Sunday Morning. Or I could record it...whatever... the point is, I still love it! I don't love it more than God, but because it is full o' God.

Sunday Morning on CBS is technically a news show. Not only does it present current world news, it features profiles on artists, interesting "everyday" people, movie and music reviews, humor, and commentary. All of this is delivered by journalists with no mention of God (unless it's about God directly in some way). I say it is full of God because these stories demonstrate God's creativity and beauty. This morning's show had all of that. The commentary today was from Ben Stein (Bueller...Bueller...anyone) and, as usual, was deep and heartful. Seriously, his commentary has brought me to tears more than twice! And today was another like that. On the surface it was about consumerism and the holidays. But Ben put his spin on it and revealed the truth and grace of the season - succinctly with soul.

No comments: